Event: Reducing barriers to HPC adoption for SMEs
Posted: 4 Nov 2019 | 15:07
14 November, Bayes Centre, Edinburgh
Here at EPCC we are gearing up for the HPC-Europa3 workshop for SMEs. This event will explain the funding available to support visits by EU experts in high performance computing to Scottish/UK SMEs (and vice versa), and also for access to major computing resources for large-scale simulations and/or data analytics.
We have an excellent line-up of speakers from industry (see below), with talks from SMEs that have either worked with this funding programme or are experienced in using HPC for commercial benefit. We also have academic talks describing plans for start-ups.
- Stephanie Earp, Optic Earth: "From Academia to Start-up: HPC in Geophysics"
- Mark Howie, Global Surface Intelligence: "The Role of HPC in Deriving Near Real-Time Geospatial Analytics from Satellite Data"
- Catherine Inglis, EPCC: "HPC-Europa3: EC funding for research visits using High Performance Computing"
- Lucy MacGregor, Cognitive Geology: "The Impact of Machine Learning in Earth Sciences"
- Alberto Marzo, University of Sheffield: "Commercialisation of HPC tools for Personalised Medicine"
- Mengmeng Zhang, Airinnova: "Innovation in Aircraft Design via National and International Collaborative Research using HPC"
You can read the complete event programme here: http://www.hpc-europa.eu/HPC_Adoption_Workshop
We hope you'll join us!
Gavin Pringle, EPCC