Meet our collaborators
EPCC and the MSc in High Performance Computing run an annual Guest Lecture series, with speakers drawn from industry and academia.
Talks focus on state-of-the-art applications of high performance computing in real world situations, with many reflecting the type of work our MSc students will undertake after graduation.
Abstracts and slides (where available) from previous years are collected below. Some of our Guest Lectures have been recorded and you can listen to them through our iTunesU channel.
Note: The password for each audio recording and slide link is "EPCCguestlectures".
Guest Lectures 2015-2016
- Codeplay, Heterogeneous System Experts, Ruymán Reyes, Codeplay (March 4, 2016) Audio (MP3) Slides (PDF)
- Fast as Lightning: High-Performance Computing at the Meteorological Office, Christopher Maynard, UK Met Office (March 8, 2016) Audio (MP3) Slides 1, Slides 2 (PDF)
- Boston Ltd, High Performance Computing Solutions, Konstantinos Mouzakitis, Boston Ltd (March 18, 2016) Audio (MP3)
- High-Performance Computing at the UK's Science & Technology Facilities Council, Steven Lamerton, STFC (March 22, 2016) Slides (PDF)
- Cray's Research Activities in Data and Memory Hierarchy, Adrian Tate, Cray EMEA Research Lab (March 23, 2016)
2009 to 2012: Lecture titles and supporting material.