HPC-Europa3 Transnational Access Research Visit Programme
HPC-Europa3's Transnational Access programme offers computational scientists based in Europe the opportunity to travel to another country to work in collaboration with researchers in a similar field, while having access to some of the most powerful computers in Europe.
The programme is open to researchers of any level, from PhD students to full professors, in any field of computational science which requires world-class computing facilities.
Nine European HPC centres participate in the Transnational Access visit programme, which is led by EPCC.
In addition to the Transnational Access programme, the HPC-Europa3 project partners also collaborate on a Networking Activity, "External co-operation for enhancing the best use of HPC", and a Joint Research Activity, "Container-as-a-Service for HPC".
The centres that participate in the Transnational Access Visit Programme are:
- EPCC, Edinburgh, UK
- Cineca, Bologna, Italy: www.cineca.it
- BSC, Barcelona, Spain: www.bsc.es
- HLRS, Stuttgart, Germany: www.hlrs.de/home
- SURFsara, Amsterdam, the Netherlands: www.surf.nl/en
- CSC, Helsinki, Finland: www.csc.fi
- GRNET, Athens, Greece: https://grnet.gr/en
- PDC, Stockholm, Sweden: www.pdc.kth.se
- ICHEC, Dublin and Galway, Ireland: www.ichec.ie
- CNRS, the French National Centre for Scientific Research, also participates in the Networking and Joint Research Activities, but does not provide Transnational Access.
HPC-Europa3 runs from 1/5/17 to 30/04/21.
HPC-Europa2 ran from 1/1/09 to 31/12/12. Earlier versions of the programme ran from 1/1/04 to 31/12/07, and 1/1/08 to 31/12/08.
HPC-Europa3 project website: www.hpc-europa.org