Computing Support Officer vacancy at EPCC
31 August 2023
We are looking for a Computing Support Officer to join our friendly team of HPC Systems Specialists.
EPCC is the UK's leading supercomputing centre. We host and manage leading-edge High Performance Computing (HPC) systems and data resources that includes ARCHER2 - the UK’s latest national supercomputing service. We also operate the Edinburgh International Data Facility. This is a unique opportunity to work in an organisation that is committed to progressing your technical career and has a clearly defined career path with lots of opportunities.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Sound working knowledge of all Microsoft operation systems and Office products.
- Experience with Mac OS X, Linux and Windows Server is desirable.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to provide clear explanations both in person and on the phone.
- The ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels in a calm professional and helpful manner.
- An aptitude and tenacity for problem solving and solution delivery.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
To view a copy of the full job description, see:
As a valued member of our team you can expect:
An exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent and reward success. You will benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which includes a generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts, family friendly initiatives, flexible working and much more. Access our staff benefits page for further information and use our reward calculator to find out the total value of pay and benefits provided.
The University of Edinburgh holds a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advance gender equality in higher education. We are members of the Race Equality Charter and we are also Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champions, actively promoting LGBT equality.
Apply before 23:59 on 26/09/2023.