FAIR IMPACT: open call and webinar
26 January 2024
Joy Davidson of the Digital Curation Centre at the University of Glasgow writes about new support available to support FAIR-enabling methods and tools.
The European Open Science Cloud is being developed to provide an open and trusted environment where researchers can share and use FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) research outputs.
To help realise the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) vision, the European Commission-supported FAIR-IMPACT project (GA 101057344) is working to support the uptake and implementation of FAIR-enabling practices, tools and services across scientific communities at a European, national and institutional level.
Through a series of open calls, applications are invited from the community to join a number of support actions designed to illustrate how the use of specific tools/methods/approaches can help them become more FAIR-enabling. Successful applicants will receive financial support to enable their participation in a series of virtual, hands-on workshops.
Open call for financial support
FAIR-IMPACT's second open call for financial support launches later this month. This open call will include support actions relating to:
- The creation of European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) compliant persistent identifier policies using the FAIRCORE4EOSC Compliance Assessment Tool (CAT)
- Implementing recommendations for the creation of FAIR research software
- Assessing the FAIRness of research software using a tailored version of F-UJI
- Implementing recommendations for improving the transparency and trustworthiness of data repositories
- Using FAIRsharing to share data policies and to monitor the research data policy landscape
Webinar: information session
Please join us on January 31st at 15:00 CET to learn more about each of the support offers you can apply to join and what financial support will be made available for each. This one-hour session will provide information on what is expected of participants, the skills and expertise necessary to participate in each offer, and how to apply. There will also be time for questions from the participants.
Registration for the information session webinar is free and open to all. https://fair-impact.eu/events/fair-impact-events/fair-impacts-second-open-call-route-2-support
FAIR-IMPACT Open calls for support: https://fair-impact.eu/fair-impact-open-calls-support